• All copyright is retained by the artist, Julia Godden. Artwork must not be resold or reproduced without the artist’s written permission.
• Every care has been taken to show the work as accurately as possible with regard to size and colour. The image you see may be different due to slight variation between browsers, devices and screen settings. Any variation between the image represented and the actual artwork is not deemed a fault and such inconsistencies will not be a valid reason for return.
• Security of Data: We will take all reasonable care, in do far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure. We use a secure external payment process. In the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when ordering from the website.
We reserve the right to:
• modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you; you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website.
• change these conditions from time to time; your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check to determine whether the conditions have been changed.
Any order placed through the website is not binding until the work has been despatched. Artwork listed may be withdrawn from sale at any point by the artist for reasons such as, but not limited to, sale elsewhere or withheld for exhibition display.
It would bring me great pleasure to work on a bespoke piece especially for you. The minimum size for commissions is 60cm.
The price of the Commission will be agreed by the customer and the Artist, prices are based on sizing plus additional fees.
The commission is based on the budget, size, surface and media.
A deposit of approximately 25% is paid prior to any work carried out. This is NON REFUNDABLE once work is underway.
25% is an additional fee added to overall cost which includes, all correspondence, planning, any research, and any preliminary studies.
Copyright rests with the artist.
The balance (plus any delivery/travel expenses) is due after completion of the painting, before framing.
Deposits are non-refundable, unless the artist is unable to start the commission.
To avoid the customer being unhappy with the completed work, there is regular communication about the progress and some room for changes prior to the end. In the event that the customer is really not happy with the outcome, the customer reserves the right to not complete the purchase, minus the deposit.
Purchase of Original Work or Prints
All items purchased in the shop are returnable within 2 weeks for a full refund.
Purchases are made by Paypal and items will be shipped as soon as possible.
Please allow for 3-5 days in the UK.
An invoice will be included in all packages
How is my payment handled?
Payments are taken through PayPal or Stripe in British Pounds Sterling. You do not need to have a PayPal account to purchase; you can use the PayPal service to pay with your regular debit or credit card. We do not store any of your debit/credit card details.
Purchasing with a deposit
If you would like to purchase an original painting over £500 you are welcome to purchase in stages. As the value of my work grows I understand this can be a helpful option. A 50% deposit is payable to hold your painting . The balance can be paid the following month or in 2 monthly payments of 25% each. Please contact me if you are interested in arranging this.
This is not a credit scheme, but an arrangement on trust, at no extra cost to you. Usual shipping costs and return policy will apply.
Paying by bank transfer
There is a checkout option to pay by bank transfer which many UK customers prefer. This saves me credit card fees. Please pay immediately as the artwork is marked as sold immediately and unavailable to others.